21 November 2013
We are pleased to announce the next Regional Representatives Conference will be taking place at the College on Thursday 21 November 2013.
Professor Sir Mike Richards, Chief Inspector of Hospitals, is confirmed to speak at the Conference about the new Care Quality Commission inspection regime and will also be answering questions.
The programme for the day is almost finalised, and we are planning to include the following topics:
- Shape of Training Review
- Training within the Confines of the Working Time Directive
- Emergency General Surgery: Avoiding the Winter Crisis
- CQC Inspections Regime
- Policies for Improving Emergency Services Provision
- Impact of 7-day Working on Consultant Contracts
There will also be two audience led interactive sessions taking place on the day:
- "How can we ensure we attract the best quality trainees and train them to the highest standards within the confines of the EWTD?”
- “What policies could be implemented to improve the quality of emergency service provision in NHS hospitals?”
These sessions will provide an opportunity for delegates to report to the College on what is happening across the regions, highlighting what issues need to be addressed and influencing College policy. In order to make the most of the time available, you will need to consider these topics in advance. If you have examples of what has worked in your hospital or ideas of what might be feasible, this is your chance to share these both with your peers and with the College.
If you have not already replied and wish to attend the Conference, or if you would like to nominate a colleague to attend on your behalf or send apologies, please email us.
For further information about the Conference, please contact Liz Russ, Regional Events Coordinator.
Smith and Williamson supports the Regional Representatives Conference