A tri-collegiate specialist dental surgery examination (England / Edinburgh / Glasgow)
Membership in Oral Surgery Examination format (from 2014)
Candidates for the Membership in Oral Surgery Examination are advised that the following format was introduced from 2014:
1. A written paper containing 150 SBA questions
2. An OSCE circuit with six stations based on communication/clinical/interpersonal skills
3. Eight unseen cases and associated oral examinations. The unseen cases will be in the format of clinical scenarios. For each case, the candidate will be given five minutes to study the patient history, results of examination and where appropriate, investigations (investigation or supporting material may include radiographs, scans, laboratory investigations, study models, photographs etc). The structured oral examination relating to each case will last for 15 minutes, and the assessment will focus on clinical reasoning and decision making.
Candidates are advised that for all future examinations, candidate eligibility status will be reviewed over the course of one month. For June 2016 candidates’ eligibility for the examination will be reviewed between 25 January and 25 February 2016.
Applications for the next examination in June 2016 must be received within a one month application window. For June 2016 completed applications must be submitted between 29 February and 26 March 2016. Please note that any application submitted outside of this application period will be returned to the candidate.
|Title||Application and Fees Due||Written and / or MCQ Papers||OSCE and Oral Presentations||Exam Fee||Joining Fee|
|MOralSurg||26 March 2016||27 June 2016||28-29 June 2016||£1250||
Contact the Membership Department
Resitting the exam
Resit candidates must apply for all sections of the examination that were failed at the last attempt.
Please note the revised costs for individual components of the examination
Costs for resitting components:
- MCQ - £500
- OSCE - £500
- Unseen Cases - £500
- MCQ and OSCE components - £1000
- MCQ and Unseen Cases - £1000
- OSCE and Unseen Cases - £1000
Admit and result letters
Admission letters, with your candidate number, will be sent a minimum of 10-14 days before the exam.
Results will be published a maximum of 14 days after the exam.
An annual subscription is required to maintain the post-nominal letters.