CPD Core Competency Course
The General Dental Council requires all dentists to complete 250 hours of Continuing Professinal Development (CPD) every 5 years in order to remain on the UK dentists register. From the start of a dentists second cycle, the GDC has recommended that dentists carry out CPD in the following core subjects:
- Medical Emergencies (at least 10 hours per CPD cycle)
- Disinfection & Decontamination (at least 5 hours per CPD cycle)
- Radiography & Radiation Protection (at least 5 hours per CPD cycle)
- In addition, all dentists working within a clinical environment must ensure they are up-to-date in Legal and Ethical Issues and the Handling of Complaints.
- The faculty aims to provide practitioners with up-to-date information in these core subject areas and has arranged the following courses.
Currently there are no CPD Core Competency Courses running at this present time.