The RCS is committed to supporting the delivery of safe, efficient and cost-effective surgical care. Our National Surgical Commissioning Centre brings together relevant information on surgical services, providing clear, consistent and evidence-based guidelines for a variety of surgical procedures.
Developed with a range of partners, our guidance supports CCGs to commission high-value surgical care for patients, reducing the ‘postcode lottery’ in service provision.
Watch a video introduction on how the commissioning guidance was developed.
Latest commissioning guide updates
Revised commissioning guides out for consultation
- ENT UK's Chronic Rhinosinusitis Commissioning Guide to 12 August 2016
- British Hernia Society's Groin Hernia Commissioning Guide to 9 September 2016
- British Orthopaedic Association (all to 1st September):
Publication of revised commissioning guides
- BAUS/BAPS/BAPU - Foreskin Conditions
We welcome any feedback on either commissioning guide. Please send any comments to email@example.com.
Pathfinder for low back and radicular pain
NHS England and The British Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons publish a new Pathfinder for Low Back and Radicular Pain.
Thank you to all those that participated in this event. We plan to collate all the learning and best practice from the day into a report which will be available soon. Presentations from the day will also be available with speakers permission.
Latest data tools updates
- The quality dashboards and procedure explorer tools have now been updated and show data from July 2013 - June 2014.
- New, step-by-step how-to guides are now available on accessing local data as a CCG or provider.
Contact the National Surgical Commissioning Centre
For more information about our resources and guidance, please get in touch via our feedback form.
For updates on surgical commissioning, please follow us on Twitter.