The RCS offers two data tools supporting the elective surgery commissioning guides. Derived from Hospital Episode Statistic (HES) data, they were developed through a collaborative project between the RCS, Surgical Specialty Associations, NHS England and Right Care.
The data tools allow CCGs and providers to examine local clinical variation for the care pathways covered by the commissioning guides.
- Quality Dashboards: These show indicators for activity commissioned by CCGs across the relevant surgical pathways and provide an indication of the quality of care provided to patients.
- Procedures Explorer Tool: This tool shows further detailed information on performance measures for individual procedures.
How to use the data tools
- Read our short step-by-step guide on accessing service level data.
- Read our short step-by-step guide on accessing CCG level data.
- View metadata documents on how each indicator was derived.
- Read instructions on how to intepret the Quality Dashboards.
- Please be aware that the data tools will not work with Internet Explorer 6 browser. You will need to use a more up-to-date version or an alternative browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome to use both data tools.