Free family trails, worksheets and drawing materials are available in the gallery throughout the year.
‘Hands on’ day event with the London Museums of Health and Medicine
Wednesday 28 October: 2pm-5pm
The Hunterian Museum at the Royal College of Surgeons hosts a drop-in event to celebrate medical collections around London.
- Suitable for adults and families - all children must be accompanied.
- Free drop-in event - no booking required.
Disease Detectives: A hands-on family workshop
Thursday 29 October: 11am, 1pm or 2.30pm
How do doctors identify disease and work out the best treatment for common illnesses? Working with real pathologists, you will be able to make your own microscope slides, encounter some larger-than-life disease-causing microbes, examine specimens and become a ‘disease detective’!
Organised in collaboration with the Royal College of Pathologists.
- Suitable for families with children aged 10+ - all children must be accompanied.
- Sessions last approximately 1 hour.
- Sessions are free but booking is essential on 020 7869 6568.
Microscope-slide making in action.