Get Well Soon
Helping you make a speedy recovery after a thyroidectomy
Planning for your return
- Talk to your Occupational Health service or GP to work out when and how is best for you to return to work.
- Depending on the nature of your job, you might want to ask your employer about returning to work on lighter duties at first. This means:
- Spending more time sitting rather than standing or walking
- Doing work that is mostly paperwork, using a computer or telephone
- Not carrying more than around 5kg any significant distance
- Avoiding tasks such as prolonged loading or unloading, packing or unpacking.
- If you have an HR Department at work, they will be able to advise you on how your absence might affect any benefits you may be receiving during your time off.
3 Golden rules for a speedy recovery:
- Stay active
- Keep a normal daily routine
- Keep social contact with people