International Medical Graduates
In preparation for your ISTP post
The RCS strongly recommends that all overseas surgeons read the following information before starting their new post in the UK:
- NHS England and The King's Fund "An introduction of the NHS"
- NHS England's "Understanding The New NHS"
- RCS England Good Surgical Practice (2014)
- GMC Good Medical Practice (2013)
- GMC Welcome to the UK Practice
- ISCP Step-by-Step guide for trainees in surgery
- Induction for International Doctors (an e-learning package to support all new international doctors working in the NHS)
Listed below are some useful websites for International Medical Graduates (IMGs):
Get in touch
The International Office is the main point of contact for all queries from international surgeons and stakeholders who wish to find out more about opportunities and ventures overseas.
Telephone +44 (0)20 7869 6053
We are able to answer calls Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm