The Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS) works with overseas ISTP partner institutions/organisations to identify suitably qualified and experienced trainees to fill UK posts.
We are currently working with the following partner institutions/organisations:
- Aga Khan University Hospital, Kenya
- College of Surgeons of East Central and Southern Africa (COSECSA)
- ESUT Teaching Hospital, Nigeria
- Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Nigeria
- M.P Shah Hospital, Kenya<
- St Paul’s Hospital Millenium Medical College, Ethiopia
- Sudan Medical Specialization Board
- Thika Level 5 Hospital, Kenya
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- West African College of Surgeons
- Caribbean Society of Endoscopic Surgeons
- University of the West Indies, Jamaica
- All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), India
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre (AIMS), India
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Christian Medical College (Vellore), India
- College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai
- College of Surgeons of Sri Lanka
- College of Surgeons of Malaysia
- Era's Lucknow Medical College, India
- International Islamic University Malaysia
- Liaquat National Hospital and Medical Centre, Pakistan
- Malaysian Society of Colorectal Surgeons, Malaysia
- MES Medical College Hospital (Kerala), India
- RA Hospital, Education and Training Institute Dhaka (RAHETID), Bangladesh
- Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M Hospital, India
- Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, PIMS, Pakistan
- Sri Jayewardenepura General Hospital, Sri Lanka
- Vascular Society of India
- Tata Memorial Hospital, India
- Al-Quds Foundation for Medical Schools in Palestine
- American University of Beirut Medical Center
- Cairo University, Egypt
- Hamad Medical Corporation, Qatar
- Hussein Ali Alali Hospital for Medical Services, Saudi Arabia
- Jordanian Royal Medical Services, Jordan
- Ministry of Health, Kingdom of Bahrain
- Ministry of Population and Health, Egypt
- Rashid Hospital, Dubai
- Saint George Hospital University Medical Centre, Lebanon
- The Specialty Hospital, Jordan
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS), Australia and New Zealand
Benefits of registering as an ISTP partner
By registering as an ISTP partner, overseas institutions can:
- be assured that their trainees will be engaged in a proper UK training post and will return to the institution/country after their time-limited training post.
- improve the standard of healthcare delivery in their country by providing its trainees the opportunity to engage in the ISTP and learn a wide range of transferable skills that they will take back with them to the benefit of their colleagues and patients.
- foster relationships with UK institutions.
- be assured that the RCS will keep you updated with the trainee's progression.
- be certain that the RCS is committed to providing a training opportunity that benefits the trainee, his or her home country and the UK institution in which he or she will be working.
If you work within an institution that is interested in registering as a partner of the ISTP please contact us using our details below and we will be happy to send you further information.
Get in touch
The International Office is the main point of contact for all queries from international surgeons and stakeholders who wish to find out more about opportunities and ventures overseas.
Telephone +44 (0)20 7869 6053
We are able to answer calls Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm