The Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS) works with overseas ISTP partner institutions/organisations to identify suitably qualified and experienced trainees to fill UK posts.
We are currently working with the following partner institutions/organisations:
- College of Surgeons of East Central and Southern Africa (COSECSA)
- West African College of Surgeons (WACS)
- St Pauls Hospital Millennium Medical College
- Aga Khan University Hospital
- M.P. Shah Hospital
- Thika Level 5 Hospital
- University of Nairobi
- ESUT Teaching Hospital
- Lagos University Teaching Hospital
- The Colleges of Medicine of South Africa (CMSA)
- Sudan Medical Specialization Board
- Caribbean Society of Endoscopic Surgeons
- University of the West Indies
- RA Hospital, Education and Training Institute, Dhaka (RAHETID)
- All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS)
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS)
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai
- Era's Lucknow Medical College
- MES Medical College Hospital, Kerala
- Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital
- Tata Memorial Hospital
- Vasant & Nirmala Oswal Centre, Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital and Research Centre
- Vascular Society of India
- Japanese Surgical Society
- College of Surgeons of Malaysia
- International Islamic University Malaysia
- Malaysian Society of Colorectal Surgeons
- Liaquat National Hospital and Medical Centre
- Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, PIMS
- College of Surgeons of Sri Lanka
- Sri Jayewardenepura General Hospital
Kingdom of Bahrain
- King Hamad University Hospital
- Rashid Hospital
- Cairo University
- Military Medical Academy
- Ministry of Health and Populations
- Jordanian Royal Medical Services
- The Specialty Hospital
- American University of Beirut Medical Centre
- Saint George Hospital University Medical Centre
- Al-Quds Medical Schools in Palestine
- The Ministry of Health
- Hussein Ali Alali Hospital for Medical Services
- Hamad Medical Corporation
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
Benefits of registering as an ISTP partner
By registering as an ISTP partner, overseas institutions can:
- be assured that their trainees will be engaged in a proper UK training post and will return to the institution/country after their time-limited training post.
- improve the standard of healthcare delivery in their country by providing its trainees the opportunity to engage in the ISTP and learn a wide range of transferable skills that they will take back with them to the benefit of their colleagues and patients.
- foster relationships with UK institutions.
- be assured that the RCS will keep you updated with the trainee's progression.
- be certain that the RCS is committed to providing a training opportunity that benefits the trainee, his or her home country and the UK institution in which he or she will be working.
If you work within an institution that is interested in registering as a partner of the ISTP please contact us using our details below and we will be happy to send you further information.
Get in touch
The International Office is the main point of contact for all queries from international surgeons and stakeholders who wish to find out more about opportunities and ventures overseas.
Telephone +44 (0)20 7869 6053
We are able to answer calls Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm