Your Career Story
The RCS Careers Team is looking for personal stories of surgeons (at any level) and their careers to help inspire the next generation. We may use these stories on the website and in other mediums as part of our role to promote careers in surgery. If you would be happy to be featured on our website, we would love to hear from you.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your story. We would like to ask you to include the following:
Your name (as you would like it to appear on the website)
Your current job title/role
A photograph (if you are happy to have it displayed on the website)
Answers to any 2-4 of these questions:
- Why did you decide to become a surgeon?
- What was the toughest part of training?
- What has been the best moment/achievement of your career?
- What would you say to someone considering a surgical career?
- What sort of things do you enjoy doing outside of work and how do you balance them with your professional life?
- What has been the thing that has most surprised you about being a surgeon?
- When did you decide that you were interested in pursuing surgery as a career choice?
- What interests you most about surgery?
- Who has inspired you the most?
- What is the most useful piece of advice anyone gave you about getting into medical school?