The Women in Surgery (WinS) directory is a listing of surgeons who have indicated they are happy to be contacted by others in the WinS network.
If you are a member of the WinS network you can use this directory to search for surgeons of all grades who may be willing to offer advice or act as speakers at events
We value your feedback on the usefulness of the directory. If you have any comments or feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Add your details to the WinS directory
As a surgeon, being listed in the directory will help facilitate valuable networking opportunities. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience with colleagues and aspiring surgeons.
Your contact details will be listed in a database that can be searched by WinS members so that they can contact you directly with requests.
- The directory can only be searched by members of WinS.
- Your contact details are only visible to WinS members.
- If you receive any inappropriate messages, please inform the WinS office immediately by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 7869 6212.
- Being listed in the directory does not commit you to responding positively to any requests you receive.
- You can choose to opt-out of the directory at any time.
To use the WinS directory you must first join the WinS network. You can then view the directory and choose whether to opt in.
Using the directory
Once you have accessed the directory, you can either filter the directory by grade, specialty, region and “expert” area, or you can search for a particular person using their name.
When using the directory, please remember the following points:
- Respect the wishes of anyone you contact.
- Always be polite in initial emails. Explain who you are, where you found their contact details and why you are contacting them.
- If you do not receive a favourable response, or any response at all, do not harass the person you contacted with multiple emails.
- Do not ask for, or give, clinical advice.
- Remember that any advice received from people contacted via the directory represents the personal views of the person you have contacted. It should not be taken as a formal College position.
- If you receive any inappropriate messages please inform the WinS office immediately.