Women in Surgery Forum
Whether we are conducting research, drafting guidance or planning national events, the RCS is committed to supporting women in surgery. Our Women in Surgery (WinS) Forum work to promote surgery as a career for everyone, regardless of background, and to enable those who have chosen a career in surgery to realise their professional goals.
Our Women in Surgery Forum meet twice a year. The role of the Forum is to:
- Develop guidance, networks and events to support women surgeons throughout their career
- Raise the profile of women surgeons and generate awareness of the issues affecting them
- Represent the Forum on committees and RCS Council, as well as working groups within and outside the RCS
- Engage women surgeons of all career grades with surgery and the RCS
- Medical students
- Dental members
- SAS grade surgeons at levels equivalent to the above
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 30 April. Interviews will take place via telephone on Thursday 16 May. If appointed, you will be required to attend two meetings per year at the RCS in London.
Applicants must be Members or Fellows of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.