Clinical Standards Committee
Chair: Mr J Kindelan
The Clinical Standards Committee's goal is the nationwide improvement of clinical outcomes in all of the dental specialties. This encompasses:
- Promoting clinical standards across all dental specialties.
- Working through specialty working party chairmen and newsletters to promote audit activity at local level.
- Representing the Faculty on the College's Clinical Standards Committee.
- Cooperating with the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) which produces an annual work plan for clinical effectiveness activities.
- Publishing clinical guidelines and audit methodologies.
Clinical guidelines are statements intended to assist clinicians in making decisions about appropriate management of specific conditions. They are designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of clinical care through the identification of both good clinical practice and desired clinical outcomes.
The guidelines make recommendations on how to deal with many common clinical situations. However, in many areas of practice there is a shortage of reliable research data. While some recommendations are supported by robust data, others are made with a lesser degree of confidence and may represent only 'best current practice'.
View currently available clinical guidelines. The committee intends to make all clinical guidelines available on this website.
- National agreement on a minimum records dataset for orthognathic patients
- BOS/BAOMS Minimum Dataset Proforma for Surgical-Orthodontic Patients
|Chair||Mr J Kindelan|
|Vice-Chair||Mr M Garrett, Senior Vice-Dean|
|Ex Officio||Professor M Escudier, Dean of the Faculty
Ms P Shirlaw, Junior Vice-Dean
Miss S Howells
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Mr P Praveen
|Ms N Iacovou
Chief Dental Officer's representative
Mr J Davies, Policy and Public Affairs Advisor
4 December 2019