Intercollegiate Advisory Committee for Sedation in Dentistry
Chair: Professor Richard Ibbetson
The Intercollegiate Advisory Committee for Sedation in Dentistry (IACSD) was established in May 2010 and continues the work initiated by the Standing Committee on Sedation in Dentistry. The IACSD provides a forum for collaboration between the Faculty of Dental Surgery (FDS) of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, the Royal College of Anaesthetists and the Faculty of General Dental Practice (UK) (FGDP) along with the Dental Faculties of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
The IACSD's role
The IACSD strives to:
- Set standards for the use of conscious sedation in dentistry.
- Promote the highest standards of practice for conscious sedation in dentistry.
- Encourage and assist the development of high quality undergraduate training and assessment in conscious sedation.
- Encourage and assist the development of nationally agreed standards for high quality postgraduate training and assessment for conscious sedation in dentistry.
- Act as a resource for consultation by healthcare professionals, trainers and organisations.
It also works towards the development of:
- a nationally agreed curriculum
- a national standard for postgraduate qualifications
- national accreditation of training programmes
- accreditation of trainers
- accreditation of workplace-based environments
|Chair||Professor R Ibbetson, Faculty of Dental Surgery, RCSEd|