Introduction to Sports Injuries Management
This one-day course provides an essential overview of the diagnosis, predisposing factors, mechanisms and surgical treatment options of common sports injuries.
You will have the opportunity to learn a systematic approach to managing sport injuries, with an emphasis on clinical examination of the athlete.
The course offers invaluable preparation for the MRCS, Diploma of FSEM and FCEM examinations and is also mapped to ISCP syllabus.
- 1 day
- 6.00 CPD Points
This course is suitable for: FY1-2, CT1-2, ST3 and SAS grades.
Although targeted at orthopaedic trainees, this course is also suitable for trainees in sports exercise medicine, accident and emergency and rheumatology.
After attending this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of a range of common sports injuries and their respective treatments, including possible surgical techniques
- Understand and discuss the diagnosis, assessment and management of sports injuries, including current controversies
This lively course involves lectures from invited experts in the sports injury field, case-based discussion sessions, clinical test demonstration and role-play.
You will cover a variety of topics during this course, including:
- Acute injuries: ligament ankle and knee,
- Muscular injuries: hamstring strain and quadriceps contusion
- Upper limb injuries: shoulder dislocation
- Overuse injuries: the painful tendon, chondral defects
- Head injuries: concussion and return to play
- Cardiac problems
- The painful groin
- Rehabilitation, return to play and the role of the physiotherapist
Royal College Of Surgeons Courses
Here is an overview of the programmeIntro to Sports Injuries Programme.pdf
Please note, for courses held at the College, we require full payment upon booking. Take a look at our cancellation policy first.
For regional and international course payments and terms & conditions, please contact the relevant centre.
LONDON, United Kingdom
Location:Royal College of Surgeons
The Royal College of Surgeons of England
United Kingdom email@example.com 020 7869 6300 View in Google Maps
Not got an account?
Don't worry, continue and we'll create an account for you.Continue to Booking
Alternatively if you need to book offline you can apply here
Register your interest
Contact the education team
If you have a question about this course please don't hesitate to get in touch.
We always aim to respond as soon as possible during our working hours of 8am - 4pm, Monday - Friday. Please call us with anything urgent.
Telephone: 020 7869 6300
We are available to take calls during our working hours of 8am - 4pm, Monday - Friday. There is a voicemail outside these times.
Fax: 020 7869 6320