Innovation in surgical education conference: awards and poster competition
Our Innovation in surgical education conference will bring together key players to showcase innovation, demystify technology, discuss successes and influence the direction of travel for surgical education. Read the programme and book your place by 28 April to get an early bird discount.
Have you, your team, or a colleague, implemented an innovation that has had a significant impact on surgical education in your hospital, trust or on a course you're involved in running? Consider nominating them for a RCS Innovation in Surgical Education Award.
This is a fantastic opportunity to recognise and celebrate the teams and individuals making a significant impact in surgical education. The innovation could be a new way of delivering education, or implementing a piece of technology to aid learning. It could be a simple change that has had a measurable impact.
Nominations will be judged against the following criteria:
- Concept – how is it innovative? What was the idea and how is it different to what was being done before?
- Value – how have they addressed a need/problem or desire?
- Impact – the impact that this has had on the learners and learning environment. Is there feedback? Are there plans to extend the reach?
In order to be considered for the RCS Innovation in Surgical Education award, nominees are required to attend the conference on 7 June 2019. Please email email@example.com for your nominees discount code.
Alongside the main conference programme we will be running a poster competition based on the theme ‘innovation in surgical education’. The competition is open to all trainees, consultants, SAS surgeons and extended surgical team roles. To enter:
- download the full regulations and details
- submit a 250 word abstract (excluding references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11pm on Tuesday 7 May 2019.
- book your conference place (please note: presenters must book a ticket to have their poster accepted).