Webinar: Making the most of your surgical training from day one
- Free for all
The wheels of surgical training continue to turn despite the current global pandemic. Medical students have graduated, Foundation Trainees have spent their first few days as doctors in the NHS and Core Surgical Trainees settle in to life in theatre.
Beginning these new roles in medicine can be daunting and you may have some questions about your training and how to prosper in your surgical career. Tune in on Thursday 20 August to hear from our expert panel and ask your questions about a career in surgery. Representatives will include the Head of the School of Surgery in London and RCS Council member, John Brecknell, RCS Council member and Deputy Chair of the RCS England membership committee, Stella Vig, Consultant Medical Educationalist at ETC Education & Training Consultancy, Hayley Allan and new Specialty Trainee in Trauma and Orthopaedics, Abhinav Singh.
Why should you tune in?
- Hear hints and tips on how to make the most of your opportunities during core training
- Hear first-hand success stories on getting into speciality training
- Live Q&A session with senior RCS and HEE representatives
We want to ensure that we are supporting you and providing you with the most helpful information for yourself and your peers. Please get in touch with our events team with any questions or further topics you would like to be discussed during this session.
For those unable to join the livestream on Thursday, the recording will be made available on our COVID-19 webinar page.
Further resources available
- Extensive Careers support resources for all grades and types of surgeon. Including information on working Less than full time
- Roles models and stories of successful surgeons in our Humans of Surgery section
- Our Confidential Support & Advice Service now has a 24/7 helpline for emotional support. Please make sure you are looking after yourselves, and know that we are here for you.
- Download our guidance for Recovery of Surgical Services tohelp handle the backlog of surgical work being created by the outbreak. In the coming weeks we will be launching a series of tools to support this guidance, stay tuned!
- Discover our COVID-19 hub, providing you with the latest news and an extensive list of resources to support you
- Get involved with our COVID Research Group, bringing together a network of people to collaborate on a range of different COVID-19 specific research projects, all in the hope to find some answers to the unprecedented questions.
- Read our good practice guide that provides you with recommendations on adapting surgical services, working in extended scope of practice, caring for end-of-life patients and protecting the workforce.
- Find out about how you can write for our COVID-19 blog series, and share your story. We want to hear from you!
- Refresh your skills via our free online learning resources. We have made relevant resources available to all to help support surgeons during the pandemic.
Post Event Information
Here is some information about the event after it has been closed
Booking for this webinar is now open.