Intercalated Bachelor of Science Degree in Surgery or Surgical Related Area
Closing date: 18 January 2024 at 2pm
(This date is in order to accommodate medical students who are not allocated their project until Christmas)
Nature of award
The Royal College of Surgeons of England is delighted to announce that it has set aside funding to award grants to medical students studying at UK medical schools wishing to undertake an intercalated bachelor of science degree related to surgery in the academic year commencing September 2023.
You may apply if your university offers an intercalated MSc instead of an intercalated BSc.
Having discussed this proposal with the Future Surgeons' Forum, it is clear that there is a variation in the way in which students are funded - or not funded - for such degrees. There are also differences in what students would require funding for e.g. bench fees, consumables or subsistence. Therefore, the College will take a flexible approach in the way in which these funds are allocated.
All applicants must comply with the following:
- Must be an affiliated member of RCS England
Must not have received a intercalated award from us before
- Must be a medical student studying at a UK medical school wishing to undertake an intercalated bachelor of science degree related to surgery in the academic year commencing September 2023
Applications consist of:
- Applicant form (via application portal)
- Confidential report from a surgeon working at a hospital linked to your medical school (via application portal)
- Confidential report from your proposed supervisor (via application portal)
For all other queries: email@example.com