Joint SBNS-RCS Research Fellowship for the Neurosurgical National Audit Programme (NNAP)
- 1 year Research Fellowship
- Fully funded research fellowship leading to a higher degree
- Supervisors: Mr Nick Phillips, Vice President of the SBNS and Audit lead, Professor Peter Hutchinson, NIHR Research Professor, University of Cambridge
The relaunch of the Neurosurgical National Audit Programme (NNAP) will open many research opportunities across all neurosurgical practice. The Royal College of Surgeons is delighted to be able to seek applications for a RCS Fellowship funded for one year.
It is expected that the successful candidate will generate original research leading to a higher degree.
The NNAP collects data on all areas of practice for all surgeons in England’s 24 neurosurgical units, - approximately 50,000 cases each year. There will be opportunities for research in many areas, as well as service strategy and exposure to quality improvement initiatives.
Subscribing trainee members of the College in years ST4-8 of the neurosurgical run through programme.
- Applicants will ideally be expected to start the fellowship in September 2019
- CV and Cover letter describing your interest in the fellowship.
- All applications must include a supporting statement from the Head of Surgical Training at your Deanery to express their full support of your fellowship appointment, should you be successful.
- Completed Form D and Equal Opportunities Form
- Terms and Conditions
Submit all documents as an electronic file to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the title ‘Joint SBNS-RCS NNAP Fellow’ by 13 June 2019.