RCS International Project Grants
Call for applications 2018
The RCS International Project Grants aim to assist the development of needs driven, capacity-building projects that will improve the quality of the delivery of surgical care in resource-scare environments, particularly in developing economies and low and lower-middle income countries across the world.
Successful applications will be awarded between GBP 2,500-5,000. Applications may be for new projects or existing programmes. Preference will be given to applications that may lead to longer-term collaboration with the RCS and relate to the RCS theme for 2018: Improving the Delivery of Trauma-Care in Low and Lower-Middle Income Countries (LMICs).
The country where the project will take place must be listed on the DfID and LMIC country list.
Who can apply
Healthcare institutions based in countries identified as:
- Department for International Development (DfID) priority countries, or
- Countries identified as being low income or lower-middle income by the World Bank
UK-based individuals may structure, lead or support a project. However, all applications must be submitted by the institution based in the country where the project will take place.
- Grants will be paid by bank transfer in GB pound sterling in two installments; 75% prior to the commencement of the project and the balance upon submission of a written report by the project lead.
- Grants may be used for travel and subsistence for one visiting international member of the project team.
- Grants for travel outside of the country where the intended project is to take place is not permitted.
- Project leads will be required to provide a written report on their project. This report may be a completion report, or a progress report on the status of the project.
- By accepting an International Project Grant, all recipients agree to not undertake any activities that might bring the RCS into disrepute.
Successful applicants will bet granted between GBP 2,500 and 5,000 for their project.
The intended project must commence within six months from receipt of the first installment of the grant.
Institutions must submit a completed RCS 2018 International Project Grant Application Form by Friday June 1st at 5pm
Grant recipients will be announced at the annual Global Surgical Frontiers conference on Friday 15th June.
Please email any queries to the RCS International Office.
Get in touch
The International Office is the main point of contact for all queries from international surgeons and stakeholders who wish to find out more about opportunities and ventures overseas.
Telephone +44 (0)20 7869 6053
We are able to answer calls Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm