This course aims to teach the principles and basic skills in the diagnostic and operative procedures required for the practice of core urology.
This is a modular course comprising of 4 modules, modules 1 and 2 are offered together as are modules 3 and 4. Trainees should aim to attend the whole course over 1-2 years (modules 1 and 2 ideally will be completed before modules 3 and 4).
If you are interested in receiving details of forthcoming dates via email, please register your interest.
Module 1 - Diagnostic Endoscopy
- The use of flexible and rigid cystoscopes, and rigid ureteroscopes and associated equipment
- The complications and limitations of cystoscopy and ureteroscopy
- The techniques of diagnostic flexible and rigid cystoscopy and blue light laser cystoscopy including bladder biopsy, bladder washout and JJ stent insertion and removal
- The techniques of rigid ureteroscopy and laser stone fragmentations
Module 2 - Therapeutic Endoscopy
- The use of resectoscopes, urethrotomy and mid urethral sling equipment
- The use of guidewires and stents
- The complications and limitations of therapeutic cystoscopy, stent insertion and ureteroscopy
- BNH and BN stenosis
- TURP small. large, redo
- TURBT small, large superficial, cystodiathermy, large muscle invasive
Mr Marek Cynk FRCS
Tunbridge Wells Hospital
Target Audience / Suitability
CT1, CT2, ST3 and SAS Grades.Am I suitable?
- Small groups discussions and demonstrations
- Video demonstration and hands-on experience with trainer models, model patients or tissue models
- Cadaveric demonstrations
If you are attending this course as a participant in a non-training grade, this course has been allocated 12 CPD points counting towards your Continuing Professional Development.
'Overall, the course was very useful in introducing, developing and furthering one's core urological skills. The faculty were particularly helpful in sharing their tips and experiences in performing the range of procedures. The practical sessions - especially the TURP session - were particularly constructive in laying the foundations for operative skills development.'