Dental CBCT Level 1
Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) is increasingly common in hospital and general dental practice. This course is based on the Level 1 (core) training criteria published in the latest UK Dental Guidance Notes and aims to help participants fulfil their legal and ethical responsibilities.
This course is jointly hosted by The Royal College of Surgeons of England and the British Society of Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology, and is delivered by experienced consultant dental maxillofacial radiologists.
- 1 day days
- 6.00 CPD Points
This course is suitable for anyone who has attended an IRMER course within the past five years. This includes dentists and also dental nurses who have an NEBDN certificate in dental radiography. Dentists will need to complete this Level 1 course before progressing to Level 2 training.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe what CBCT scans are and their role in diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Explain the basic principles and limitations of CBCT imaging.
- Discuss the differences between 2D and 3D imaging.
- Explain the risks of CBCT and describe how to minimise radiation risks to the patient (radiation protection, optimisation).
- Discuss the responsibilities of a CBCT referrer with regards to clinical information for justification purposes.
- Explain what clinical and disease conditions would and would not benefit from CBCT imaging (selection criteria).
- Recognise normal anatomy of the teeth and supporting structures.
- Recognise the more common imaging artefacts.
- Explain who should provide a radiological report.
- Discuss the contents of a radiologist's report and its influence on patient treatment.
- Explain why guidelines are important and have an understanding of a dentist’s legal and ethical responsibilities in their various roles of being referrer, practitioner and operator.
This Level 1 course will be delivered remotely online via Teams and synchronously (live lecturers).
Applicants are encouraged to consult the SEDENTEX website for some pre-course self-learning (PowerPoint slides with audio tracks) prior to attending.
Royal College Of Surgeons Courses
Full price: £275.00
RCS England Members/Fellows: £
Please note, we require full payment upon booking. Take a look at the cancellation policy first.
LONDON, United Kingdom
Location:RCS - Online
View in Google Maps
Not got an account?
Don't worry, continue and we'll create an account for you.Continue to Booking
Register your interest