FDS Trainees Career Conference
This careers conference aims to provide trainees with an insight into the various specialty-based careers that the dental profession has to offer.
Specialists and specialist trainees from various disciplines will provide valuable insights into the scope of work of each specialty, the career steps prospective applicants can expect, and the dos and don’ts of the application process.
- 1 days
- 5.00 CPD Points
This course is suitable for:
- Dental Core Foundation Trainees
- Final year dentists
- Generalists contemplating a career direction change
At the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the scope of work each dental specialty offers.
- Be clear on the pre-application pathways expected of applicants.
- Be able to prepare appropriately for the application and possible interview process.
- Understand the important role the Royal College Specialist Advisory Committee plays in the setting and maintenance of standards, and how the numbers of hospital specialists posts are agreed through workforce planning.
- Understand the role Health Education England plays in underpinning the funding of specialist dental posts designed for consultant appointments.
- Have a clear idea of the various career journeys the Specialist Dentist can follow.
This course will be delivered via a series of didactic lectures and interactive workshops at The Royal College of Surgeons of England, 38–43 Lincoln's Inn Fields.
This course will be held in person at The Royal College of Surgeons of England, 38-43 Lincoln’s Inn Fields.
There are currently no dates available for this course
Register your interest