International Advanced Assessment Masterclass
Why take this course?
After a three-year break due to COVID-19, HPAC is pleased to announce the reinstatement of our International Advanced Assessment Course (IAAC), which had been offered annually in London since 2007. The landscape of assessment has undergone some major changes and our revised and refreshed in-person programme reflects these key topics and discourses in this International Advanced Assessment Masterclass (IAAM), developed in collaboration with the Faculty of Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
The masterclass provides a state-of-the-art overview of current issues in health professions assessment, with advanced coverage of contemporary assessment methodologies and best practices.
- 2 days days
- 10.00 CPD Points
This masterclass is for individuals involved in health professions education assessment, at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, who wish to broaden and update their perspectives; and deepen their understanding of specific areas of assessment.
We have welcomed educators, managers and regulators from dentistry, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, physiotherapy, veterinary medicine and nursing to past courses.
At the end of this masterclass, participants will:
- gain a deeper understanding of contemporary principles of assessment
- learn to evaluate the latest evidence from the literature, especially relating to developments in best practice
- review the use of a range of assessment tools
- identify issues in the assessment of challenging areas in medical education
This Masterclass will be delivered over 2 days: four plenary sessions will address key areas of current interest, while the workshops will provide hands-on experience of methodologies relating to some of the newer and more challenging assessment areas. Participants will have the opportunity to attend 4 workshops, during which they will be able to explore areas of their particular interest in more depth.
This masterclass will be delivered face-to-face at the Royal College of Surgeons of England, Lincoln’s Inn Fields.
Participants will have the opportunity to attend 4 workshops over the 2 days. The workshops are detailed below:
1. Designing/re-designing a system of assessment
2. Programmatic assessment
3. Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity in assessment
4. Strengthening the weakest link: how to optimize assessor training in performance-based assessments
5. Remote online testing
6. Designing SBAs and VSAs
7. Current best practice in designing and planning an OSCE
8. OSCE standard setting and metrics
Work based assessment
9. Workplace-based Assessment
10. Feedback (clinically situated meaningful conversations)
12. Entrustable Professional Activities
Participants will need to forward their choices at time of registration to email@example.com
Royal College Of Surgeons Courses
Here is an overview of the programme
Full price: £1300.00
Please note, we require full payment upon booking. Take a look at the cancellation policy first.
LONDON, United Kingdom
Location:RCS Exams Suite/Briefing Room
020 78696812 View in Google Maps
Not got an account?
Don't worry, continue and we'll create an account for you.Continue to Booking
Register your interest