Masterclass in Periodontics
Why take this course?
This four-day practical masterclass which runs between 12-13 May & 14-15 July 2023 is designed to provide comprehensive knowledge on non-surgical and surgical techniques for improved patient care. It aligns to the latest classification system (2019) and the implementation of the most recent S3 Periodontal Treatment Guidelines, so you can be confident that you are assessing and treating your patients correctly and safely.
The course rate for members is set at £1,875 which will be automatically applied upon booking.
- 4 days days
- 24.00 CPD Points
This course is suitable for:
- General Dental Practitioners with an interest in periodontics.
At the end of this masterclass, participants will be able to:
- Assess risk factors for periodontal disease on an individual patient basis;
- Identify the pathogenesis of periodontal disease and how its management is related to an understanding of this process;
- Formulate a comprehensive diagnosis;
- Recognise presenting conditions that require the use of antimicrobials;
- Understand treatment planning and treatment options;
- Understand the rationale for treatment furcations and endo-perio lesions;
- Recognise the indication for and be able to provide splinting of periodontally involved teeth.
- Review periodontal surgery indications, options and techniques ;
- Assess bone defects and regenerative techniques;
- Perform regeneration of proximal and furcation defects;
- Revise root resections;
- Evaluate pre-restorative crown lengthening surgery;
- Perform crown lengthening and periodontal plastic surgery;
- Perform free gingival graft/connective tissue graft.
This masterclass takes place in two parts, each on a Friday and Saturday to minimise the time spent away from your practice. You will learn in a supportive environment with experienced and renowned tutors. The programme is designed to allow you to implement your learning quickly when you return to your practice and uses the latest techniques to transform conceptual understanding into practitioner-based skills.
Part 1 is delivered via a series of lectures, whilst part 2 is delivered as a practical interactive workshop utilising pig jaw mandibles.
All instruments and materials will be provided. Participants are, however, requested to bring loupes with them for the hands-on days, if they wish to use them.
Royal College Of Surgeons Courses
Full price: £2000.00
RCS England Members/Fellows: £1875.00
Please note, we require full payment upon booking. Take a look at the cancellation policy first.
LONDON, United Kingdom
Location:RCS - Webb Johnson Hall
35-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields
020 78696812 View in Google Maps
Not got an account?
Don't worry, continue and we'll create an account for you.Continue to Booking
Register your interest