Masterclass in Special Care Dentistry DSCD
The Masterclass in Special Care Dentistry will develop your clinical skills to treat patients who need special care, including patients with special education needs, disabilities and genetic conditions.
Designed to prepare candidates for their upcoming Diploma of Special Care Dentistry exam or as a refresher for those already practising in this field, the course is delivered by experienced clinicians and educators over a series of interactive lectures with opportunities for discussion.
- 1 days
- 5.00 CPD Points
This course is suitable for:
- candidates looking to prepare for the Diploma of Special Care Dentistry (DSCD) Part B exam
- specialist trainees
- academic clinical fellows in all specialties and trainers
- educational and clinical supervisors working in special care dentistry
By end of the masterclass, you will be able to:
- understand the mechanism of the hypersensitive gag reflex;
- understand treatment approaches for patients with hypersensitive gag reflex;
- understand the roles that hypnosis and mindfulness can play in helping patients to access dental care;
- understand how cognitive behavioural therapy can be used in the field of dentistry;
- recognise treatment approaches required for patients living with epidermolysis bullosa;
- use the knowledge gained to understand how barriers to care can be overcome;
- understand the structure of the DSCD Part B exam;
- reflect on cases presented in Parallel session 2 with reference to risk assessment and reduction.
The morning session will comprise of a series of lectures. The afternoon will be dedicated to small workshops, viva practice and case scenarios.
Royal College Of Surgeons Courses
Here is an overview of the programme
Full price: £200.00
Please note, we require full payment upon booking. Take a look at the cancellation policy first.
LONDON, United Kingdom
Location:RCS - Webb Johnson Hall
35-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields
020 78696812 View in Google Maps
Register your interest