Masterclass in Special Care Dentistry DSCD
The Masterclass in Special Care Dentistry will develop your clinical skills to treat patients who need special care, including patients with special education needs, disabilities and genetic conditions.
Designed to prepare candidates for their upcoming Diploma of Special Care Dentistry exam, the course is delivered by experienced clinicians and educators over a series of interactive lectures with opportunities for discussion.
- 1 days
- 5.00 CPD Points
This masterclass will be of interest to:
- Candidates who are preparing for the DSCD examination.
- Specialist trainees and academic clinical fellows in all specialties who are seeking examination preparation practice.
Participants will be provided with an opportunity to attend both interactive parallel sessions.
Parallel session 1:
Part A examination preparation: a session to explain the structure of single best answer questions which will constitute the Part A examination from 2020.
Part B examination preparation: communication skills.
Parallel session 2:
Problem solving and unseen cases: special care dentistry cases and scenarios will be presented and discussed.
By the end of the masterclass, participants will be able to:
- understand the structure of the DSCD Part A examination;
- understand the structure of the DSCD Part B examination;
- have experience in the relevant competencies required for Part A and Part B of DSCD.
This masterclass will attract 4.5 hours of verifiable CPD.
The morning session will comprise of a series of lectures. The afternoon will be dedicated to small workshops, viva practice and case scenarios.
There are currently no dates available for this course
Register your interest