Mental health and its impact on dentistry
Why take this course?
This course will provide an update on some common mental health disorders and investigate the impact of mental health on dental services and how dental teams can work with psychological/psychiatric services more effectively.
- 1 Day days
- 5.00 CPD Points
This course is suitable for the whole dental team.
At the end of the course participants will:
- have increased understanding of some common psychiatric disorders and their impact on oral health;
- be made aware of the dental needs and oral characteristics of people with disordered eating and how to manage them;
- be provided with an overview of ASD, ADHD and personality disorders, and how to manage patients with a diagnosis of these conditions;
- be provided with details about liaison between dental and psychiatric/psychological services and how to access these services;
- be provided with knowledge as to the effect of COVID-19 on the mental health of staff, how members of the dental team can support one another and what resources are available to support the dental team.
This masterclass will attract five hours of verifiable CPD.
This course will be held face-to-face at The Royal College of Surgeons of England, 38-43 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PE.
For queries please contact: FDS-Education@rcseng.ac.uk
A special rate of £90 is available for Dental care professionals when you proceed via the bookings.
There are currently no dates available for this course