Supporting surgeons in and out of theatre
View in Google Maps
- Free for trainees and RCS members
Whether you are a trainee or a consultant, learning more about research, never events and how to avoid burnout can help you to overcome the challenges you may encounter throughout your career.
In collaboration with the Yorkshire Regional Surgical Club, we are hosting an event in York on Thursday 16 May to provide information and guidance on a number of professional issues you need to consider as a surgeon
This full-day conference is free* for trainees and RCS members.
What will I gain from attending?
An insight into:
- Research. Derek Alderson, RCS President, will be leading the research session including local research presentations.
- Avoiding burnout. Clare McNaught will help you to identify the common signs of burnout in NHS surgeons.
- Never events. Arin Saha will be explaining how to learn from never events.
- Taking time off. Thinking about a surgical sabbatical or taking time off to volunteer overseas? Peter Sedman and Lesley Hunt will be speaking on these topics.
- Doing things differently. Andrew Mavor and Andrew Smith will be speaking on controlling bleeding and managing the pancreas.
- Social media and healthcare. Dara Nasr, Twitter UK's Managing Director, will be speaking on the impact of social media on your career.
This full day conference, as well as informative and inspirational, is a great networking opportunity. The President of the RCS, our Regional Director and members of the Yorkshire Regional Surgical Club will be in attendance. See full programme here
Event CPD accredited by the RCS.
Local research presentations: Trainees are invited to submit abstracts for the Local Research Presentations. Click here to find out more information.
Post Event Information
Here is some information about the event after it has been closed