COVID-19 Q&A with ASIT and BOTA: By trainees for trainees
- Free for all
COVID-19 Q&A webinar series
COVID-19 Q&A with ASIT and BOTA: By trainees for trainees.
We are acutely aware of the disruption to your training and assessment during this outbreak and the wider impact this has.
Following on from our successful webinar on training and progression, our next free webinar on Thursday 23 April will be a joint collaboration with the Association of Surgeons in Training (ASiT) and British Orthopaedic Trainees' Association (BOTA). This session is the perfect platform for you to tune in and discuss these issues directly impacting you currently, brought to you by trainees, for trainees.
We will be joined by Tricia Campbell, President of BOTA, Josh Burke, President of ASiT, and Gareth Griffiths, Chair of Joint Committee on Surgical Training (JCST).
Why should you tune in?
Our panel will discuss a wide range of topics including:
• tips and discussions on how to make the most of learning opportunities during this challenging period;
• an update on national selection, rotations and placements, ARCP and outcome 10;
• information on the pandemics effect on CCT dates and fellowships due to start in the next 6 months;
• a Q&A, providing you with the opportunity to ask any burning questions and raise any other key issues.
We want to ensure that we are supporting you and providing you with the most helpful information for yourself and your peers. Please get in touch with our events team with any questions or further topics you would like to be discussed during this session.
For those unable to join the livestream on Thursday, the recording will be made available on our COVID-19 webinar series page.
Further resources available:
• Did you know we've made an extensive collection of online learning resources publicly available to you from courses including START and CCriSP?
• Our Confidential Support & Advice Service now has a 24/7 helpline for emotional support. Please make sure you are looking after yourselves, and know that we are here for you
• Enjoy access to Acland's video atlas of Human Anatomy for a limited time. Use the popular videos to stay on top of your studies outside the dissection lab.
• Read our good practice guide that provides you with recommendations on adapting surgical services, working in extended scope of practice, caring for end-of-life patients and protecting the workforce.
• Find out about how you can write for our COVID-19 blog series, and share your story. We want to hear from you!
• Discover our COVID-19 hub, providing you with the latest news and an extensive list of resources to support you.
Post Event Information
Here is some information about the event after it has been closed
Booking for this webinar is now open.