UK surgical workforce census 2023 opens
03 May 2023
The Royal College of Surgeons of England is conducting a census to allow us to gain a better understanding of the surgical workforce. Through the census, we will be able to gather comprehensive information on the composition of the surgical workforce, its demographics and working practices. Most importantly, it will allow you to tell us about the most pressing challenges you're facing today.
Work with us to build a resilient future for surgery, supported by collaborative and data-informed approaches. With your help, we aim to:
- Enhance our understanding of the workforce: The census can help us better appreciate your needs, challenges, and working practices.
- More effectively represent and advocate for the workforce: Your answers will allow us to represent and advocate for you more effectively to external groups and agencies, including the government.
- Offer better support: We'll be able to provide more support in a targeted and effective way, where it's needed most.
- Create a better working environment: From the challenges currently being faced, we hope to help drive improvement of the working environment.
- Enhance sustainability: Including measures to improve retention, recruitment and work-life balance.
- Improve future planning: This data will be valueable for future decision-making related to surgery, including workforce planning, policy development and research.
We encourage all members of the workforce to take 10 minutes to complete the anonymous census by Tuesday 13 June.
If the survey does not appear below, please follow the direct link to the workforce survey. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.