The Patient and Lay Group
The Royal College of Surgeons' Patient and Lay Group (PLG) was first established in April 1999. It provides a direct patient and public voice across the everyday business of the College. The PLG works to:
- ensure an effective patient voice in College work;
- influence the College’s standards and policies;
- proactively raise areas of patient concern to the College;
- advise the College about the best way to engage with patients;
- act as a critical friend to the College.