Sir Ratanji Dalal Research Scholarship
For tropical surgery research
Applications are invited for this Research Scholarship which is to support a project in tropical surgery. If the research will not be carried out in a tropical country, the relevance of the project to tropical surgery should be made clear.
There is one scholarship available, tenable for up to one year, to the value of £20,000.
Please refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.
- The scholarship is open to all consultants, senior lecturers, SAS doctors and trainee fellows/members of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Successful applicants must remain in a good standing order with their membership fees throughout the tenure of the award.
- If the research will not be carried out in a tropical country, the relevance of the project to tropical surgery should be made clear.
- Candidates must be sponsored by the head of the department where the research will be conducted, who can offer facilities and technical assistance for research in the appropriate field.
- Must not have received a travelling scholarship from RCS England before
Conditions for Award
The Ratanji Dalal Research Scholarship is made on the understanding that the host centre, the supervisor and the applicant agree to accept the terms and conditions relating to the scheme and any amendments issued during the course of the award. The project should commence within six months of the award date and the award may be used across a three month to twelve month period.
Awards must be used exclusively to support the award holder’s own research and may not be used for their own personal salaries. They may be used, amongst other things, for small items of equipment, for consumables or for technical assistance.
Candidates must be sponsored by the head of the department where the research will be conducted, who can offer facilities and technical assistance for research in the appropriate field.
How to apply
Submit your completed application form by 30 April 2023 to email@example.com (this email is for submissions only) with Sir Ratanji Dalal in the subject line.
Please also include:
- Application form
- A letter of support from the head of the department, or consultant, under whom the applicant is currently working
- Confirmation and a letter of support from the Head of the department at the institution where the research will be conducted
- Confirmation of OOP from trainees applying
For queries relating to this please email firstname.lastname@example.org