SAS Forum recruitment
Join The Royal College of Surgeons of England SAS Forum
We are delighted to announce that applications are open to join our SAS Forum. The Forum promotes SAS involvement in relevant issues at both regional and national levels, as well as engagement with SAS surgeons and specialty doctors across the UK.
The SAS Forum consists of Staff, Associate Specialist and Specialty (SAS) doctors. It comprises of ten members, including two co-chairs, a member of the RCS England Council and one SAS surgeon elected by the other forum members. The elected co-chair of the forum sits, as an invited member, on the RCS England Council.
The role of the SAS Forum is:
- to provide a formal mechanism for SAS surgeons to be represented within and outside RCS England;
- to communicate the views of surgeons to RCS England and its Council;
- to promote involvement in all relevant areas of RCS England activity;
- to support SAS surgeons;
- to raise the profile of the SAS grade and generate awareness about issues affecting the grade.
How to apply
- be a member or fellow of RCS England;
- currently, be working in a SAS role;
- demonstrate experience working with relevant organisations.
For further information about the role, please read our SAS Forum job description.
And to submit your application please fill in our application form.
Key dates and contact
Please submit your application no later than 9am on Wednesday 26 April 2023.
We will be contacting shortlisted candidates to arrange interviews. Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams on the morning of 17 May 2023.
The forum meets three times per year. The next forum meeting will take place on 13 September 2023.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss the forum further, please call 020 7869 6217 alternatively, email us at email@example.com.