Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patient (CCrISP) Instructor Course
This immersive two-day course (including mandatory, pre-course e-learning) trains new CCrISP instructors.
The course is open to participants from varied backgrounds, including surgical and intensive care.
Combining educational theory and practical sessions, the course will enhance your existing knowledge and experience.
On completion you will be able to understand and explain the various elements of the CCrISP course, teach elements of the course with renewed confidence and provide constructive feedback to participants.
RCS membership entitles you to a 10% discount on this course at partner centres. Find out if you're eligible to join or transfer.
- 2 days
- 12.00 CPD Points
To take the CCrISP Instructor course, you need to hold a post at ST5 or above.
You do not need to hold the CCrISP qualification itself to take the Instructor course.
It is helpful but not essential for you to have some prior experience in delivering medical training.
Find out about eligibility for international participants.
After attending this course, you should be able to:
- Confidently teach and run core elements of the CCrISP course
- Understand and explain the principles of CCrISP
- Give constructive feedback to course participants
- Review and discuss the CCrISP approach and philosophy
- The basic principles of successful CCrISP teaching
- Reviewing the different lecturing techniques and how to engage the audience
- Discuss the techniques required to manage multiple skills stations
- Use techniques to provide effective feedback and constructive criticism
- Practice delivering a CCrISP lecture
- Practice delivering a small group teaching exercise
- Practice delivering a simulated patient scenario
- The possible pitfalls which could arise when delivering the CCrISP course
This practical course involves lecturing, small group workshop teaching, running simulated patient management scenarios (moulage), delivering assessment and instructor feedback.
You will cover a variety of topics during this course, including:
- The concept and philosophies of the CCrISP course
- How to deliver some of the CCrISP lectures, workshops
- The methods of giving feedback
You will also receive a CCrISP Instructor course manual.
10% discount on this course for RCS members
Members, Fellows and Associates benefit from a 10% discount on this course when held at our Education Centre in London.
Your discount will be applied automatically when booking.
Approved Regional Courses
Here is an overview of the programme
Full price: £500
Please note, for courses held at the College, we require full payment upon booking. Take a look at our cancellation policy first.
For regional and international course payments and terms & conditions, please contact the relevant centre.
York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
01904 726361 6361
Instructions:Ms B Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01904 726361 6361 View in Google Maps
Full price: £500
Before booking at the centre, please follow these steps:
Not got an account?Register to continue
|Standard package||£500||Book Now|
|Free place on event||£500||Book Now|
Not got an account?
Don't worry, continue and we'll create an account for you.Continue to Booking
Further information and queries
You can get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com
We will endeavour to reply to you as soon as possible. Usually this is within a couple of days. Please note we do not work weekends.
Call 020 7869 6300 to talk with a member of our team.
We are available to answer calls during our working hours of 8.30am–4:.0pm, Monday–Friday and there is a voicemail outside this time.