Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patient (CCrISP) Instructor Course
This immersive two-day course (including mandatory, pre-course eLearning) trains new CCrISP instructors.
The course is open to participants from varied backgrounds, including surgical and intensive care.
Combining educational theory and practical sessions, the course will enhance your existing knowledge and experience.
On completion you will be able to understand and explain the various elements of the CCrISP course, teach elements of the course with renewed confidence and provide constructive feedback to participants.
- 2 days
- 12.00 CPD Points
To take the CCrISP Instructor course, you need to hold a post at ST5 or above and have either taken or observed the CCrISP course in the UK or Ireland.
You do not need to hold the CCrISP qualification itself to take the Instructor course.
It is helpful but not essential for you to have some prior experience in delivering medical training.
Find out about eligibility for international participants.
After attending this course, you should be able to:
- Confidently teach and run core elements of the CCrISP course
- Understand and explain the principles of CCrISP
- Give constructive feedback to course participants
- Review and discuss the CCrISP approach and philosophy
- The basic principles of successful CCrISP teaching
- Reviewing the different lecturing techniques and how to engage the audience
- Discuss the techniques required to manage multiple skills stations
- Use techniques to provide effective feedback and constructive criticism
- Practice delivering a CCrISP lecture
- Practice delivering a small group teaching exercise
- Practice delivering a simulated patient scenario
- The possible pitfalls which could arise when delivering the CCrISP course
This practical course involves lecturing, small group workshop teaching, running simulated patient management scenarios (moulage), delivering assessment and instructor feedback.
You will cover a variety of topics during this course, including:
- The concept and philosophies of the CCrISP course
- How to deliver some of the CCrISP lectures, workshops
- The methods of giving feedback
You will also receive a CCrISP Instructor course manual.
10% discount on this course for RCS members
Members, Fellows and Associates benefit from a 10% discount on this course when held at our Education Centre in London.
Your discount will be applied automatically when booking.
Royal College Of Surgeons Courses
Here is an overview of the programme
Full price: £600.00
RCS England Members/Fellows: £540.00
Please note, for courses held at the College, we require full payment upon booking. Take a look at our cancellation policy first.
For regional and international course payments and terms & conditions, please contact the relevant centre.
LONDON, United Kingdom
Location:GAPS Learning Centre - 4th Floor, Hunter Wing
St Georges University of London
View in Google Maps
Register your interest
Contact the education team
If you have a question about this course please don't hesitate to get in touch.
We always aim to respond as soon as possible during our working hours of 8am - 4pm, Monday - Friday. Please call us with anything urgent.
Telephone: 020 7869 6300
We are available to take calls during our working hours of 8am - 4pm, Monday - Friday. There is a voicemail outside these times.
Fax: 020 7869 6320