Diploma in Orthodontic Therapy (DipOT)
The FDS offers this highly-regarded diploma course enabling students to gain professional accreditation.
The Yorkshire Orthodontic Therapy Course is designed to train students as orthodontic therapists.
To complete the diploma, participants are required to undertake an approved training programme and a final assessment.
- 365 year
- 120.00 CPD Points
After attending this course, you will be:
- Eligible to take the final assessment
- Practice the skills required by the General Dental Council to operate orthodontics as an orthodontic therapist upon successful completion on the examination
- Become an accredited orthodontic therapist
The one-year course is delivered in two parts:
- An initial four-week core course at Leeds Dental Institute taught by leading consultants, orthodontic specialists and orthodontic therapy tutors. This is followed by eight additional study days in various locations.
- Workplace training in an approved orthodontic practice or hospital orthodontic practice.
You will cover a variety of topics during this course, including:
- Patient care, including assessment, treatment plans, patient management and disease identification/education
- Communication with patients, colleagues and the wider healthcare community
- Professionalism, including ethical and legal obligations, teamwork and development of yourself and other
- Management and leadership
When does the next diploma start?
The cost of the course is £13,000 and is non-refundable.
How to apply
There are 12 places available each year and admission will be by competitive entry.
Orthodontic Therapy logbook
The Orthodontic Therapy course has a website for trainees, trainers, orthodontic therapy tutors and course directors to access their online logbooks. Use your username and password to log on.
Orthodontic Therapy web links
Royal College Of Surgeons Courses
Here is an overview of the programme
Full price: £13000.00
Please note, we usually require full payment upon booking. Please note that there is a fixed cancellation charge of 10%. Cancellations made 4 weeks prior to a course will result in no refund. While we make every effort to run courses as advertised, we reserve the right to change the timetable and /or the teaching staff without prior notice and to cancel any courses without liability - in which case there will be a full refund of course fees to participants.
Location:Leeds Dental Hospital
020 78696812 View in Google Maps
Not got an account?
Don't worry, continue and we'll create an account for you.Continue to Booking
Register your interest
Contact the education team
If you have a question about a course please don't hesitate to get in touch. Remember to tell us which course you are referring to.