MJDF Part 2
The Part 2 MJDF exam tests candidates' communication skills, clinical competence and clinical reasoning and may be taken at any point after completion of 12 months in clinical dentistry. It consists of a structured professional skills assessment, compromising 14 stations within a single circuit.
Succesful MJDF Part 1 candidates will be eligble for a 10% discount on our UK Part 2 exam which will be applied automatically upon application.
MJDF Part 2 - November 2020
The Joint Management Board for MJDF has decided that, given the ongoing challenge of COVID-19, it will not be possible to run the MJDF Part 2 examination in November 2020 as scheduled. Those registered for the MJDF Part 2 October will be offered a place on the Membership of the Faculty of Dental Surgery Part 2 examination which is being delivery remotely.
Please read the announcement for full details.
To be eligible to enter the MJDF exam, all candidates must:
- have written confirmation of a pass in Part 1 before they may apply to sit Part 2. This should be Part 1 MJDF, the relevant passes in MFGDP(UK), MFDS or MFD (as set out in paragraph 9 of the exam regulations;
- possess a primary dental qualification acceptable to the boards of the dental faculties at The Royal College of Surgeons of England, and should normally be registered to practise dentistry in their country of residence;
- have completed 12 months’ full-time postgraduate experience in dentistry. Normally, equivalent part-time experience will be acceptable if gained over a period of three-and-a-half years;
- have passed Parts 1 and 2 of the examination in accordance with the requirements set out in section 3 of the exam regulations;
- have complied with all of the exam regulations.
Part 2 is in the form of a structured professional skills assessment exercises comprising 14 stations, 11 of which will be assessed and three will be preparatory, within a single circuit. The circuit will assess communication skills, clinical skills and clinical reasoning skills. Candidates will be required to attain a single minimum standard for the circuit as a whole in order to pass the exam.
UK and Ireland Exams
UK and Ireland
Apply before: 17 Sep 2020
Application for admission to the exam must reach us no later than 5pm on the closing date.
RCS England MJDF Pt 1 Pass: £604.80
SHEFFIELD, United Kingdom
Location:Medical Education Centre
Northern General Hospital
Instructions:Tel: 01142 266 917 View in Google Maps
Not got an account?
Don't worry, continue and we'll create an account for you.Continue to Booking
Candidates will be scheduled to attend the exam on one day only. The exams department are unable to accept requests for a specific exam date, candidates should therefore ensure they are available for all dates before applying.
Upcoming Exam Dates
|Title||Applications and fees due||Exam date||Exam location|
|MJDF Part 2||2 January 2020
||17-19 February 2020
|MJDF Part 2||15 January 2020
||24-27 March 2020
|MJDF Part 2||15 June 2020
||24-25 August 2020||KL, Malaysia
|MJDF Part 2||3 August 2020
||13-16 October 2020
|MJDF Part 2
||17 September 2020||17-18 November 2020||Sheffield, UK|
Contact the exams department
All dental exam queries (excluding the MJDF) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your enquiry. We will reply to you as soon as possible.
For general exam queries please call 020 7405 3474
Our main switchboard is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
The ORE helpdesk is open 10am - 12pm and 2pm - 4pm, Monday to Friday.