MRCS revision sessions
Anatomy and Pathology Museum - extended hours for MRCS Part B candidates
To support candidate revision for MRCS part B, there will be a series of weekday evening and Saturday extended openings of the new Anatomy and Pathology Museum in advance of the exams.
Candidate self-study is supported by a senior surgeon or anatomist onsite:
- Saturday 15 April 2023, 10am - 5pm - Professor Vishy Mahadevan (Emeritus Barber's Professor of Anatomy) will be onsite 12 - 4pm
- Wednesday 19 April 2023, 10am - 8pm - Mr Dominic Spicer (Trauma & Orth. Surgery) will be onsite 4 - 7pm
- Friday 21 April 2023, 10am - 8pm - Miss Huma Sethi (Neurosurgery) will be onsite 4 - 7pm
- Wednesday 26 April 2023, 10am - 8pm - Mr Sandy McPherson (General Surgery) will be onsite 4 - 7pm
- Thursday 27 April 2023, 10am - 8pm - Mr Mark Harrison (Urological Surgery) will be onsite 4 - 7pm
- Saturday 29 April 2023, 10am - 5pm - Mr Roop Tandon (Orthopaedic Surgery) will be onsite 12 - 4pm
The Anatomy and Pathology Museum is Human Tissue Authority licensed so all candidates attending these sessions must bring hard-copy proof of their status as a medical professional for access to the museum eg. Hospital ID
These will be drop-in sessions with no pre-booking required.
Visiting the Anatomy and Pathology Museum
The APM is at the Royal College of Surgeons of England
38-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields
Nearest underground stations: Holborn (Piccadilly and Central) and Temple (District and Circle)
New Study e-Resource
All of the specimens in the APM are now available to affiliate and full members of the RCSEng for online study through a new anatomy and pathology e-resource
For medical students, foundation or core surgical trainees, RCS England offers Affiliate membership for only £15 per year, providing a range of benefits to support your journey to Specialty Training. Affiliate members who take the MRCS Part B with us are eligible for our First 4 membership, which can save you up to £512 in membership fees. Find out more about how to join.