Professional Behaviours Masterclass February 2018
United Kingdom View in Google Maps
- Lunch provided
The Professional Behaviours Masterclass is suitable for Surgeons providing Cosmetic Surgery in the NHS and private practice.
This two day course is a mandatory part of the RCS’ cosmetic surgery certification process. The aim of the masterclass is to ensure that surgeons understand the appropriate professional skills and behaviours to provide cosmetic surgery.
Topics covered will include elements of an effective consultation; professional approaches to complaints and complications; effective post-operative care. Sessions will be interactive, including some role-playing scenarios.
- Expectations following certification
- Rules of engagement
- RCS and GMC guidelines, BAAPS and BAPRAS best practice guides
- Mistakes that lead to complaints
- Lessons learnt/how to avoid them
Longview of Cosmetic Practice
- Changing spectrum of practice
- Keeping up to date
- What matters in the long term
Psychology in Practice
- Practical 'tool kit' in cosmetic surgery practice