Council election results 2020
09 Apr 2020
The membership of The Royal College of Surgeons of England has elected six new members to the RCS Council in addition to the three members who are re-standing for a second term.
Congratulations to those successfully re-standing:
- Professor Vivien Lees, Consultant in Plastic Surgery, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
- Miss Fiona Myint, Consultant in Vascular and General Surgery, Royal Free Hospital, London
- Miss Stella Vig, (@svig2) Consultant in Vascular and General Surgery, Croydon University Hospital
Read more about our current Council members.
Congratulations to the following successful candidates who will commence their four-year terms in July:
- Mr Ahmed Ahmed (@MrAhmedAhmed6), Consultant Surgeon in Upper GI and Bariatric Surgery, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Professor Peter Brennan (@BrennanSurgeon),Consultant Surgeon in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth
- Miss Rachel Hargest, Consultant General Surgeon, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff
- Professor Ian Loftus (@IanLoftus2), Professor of Vascular Surgery, St George’s Hospital, London
- Professor Frank Smith, Professor of Vascular Surgery and Surgical Education, North Bristol NHS Healthcare Trust
- Mr Lasantha Wijesinghe, Consultant Surgeon in Vascular Surgery, Royal Bournemouth Hospital
You can read more about our new Council members in their bios.
Thank you to those demitting
We would like to thank the following members who are demitting from Council in July 2020, for their support, commitment and hard work over their terms:
- Professor Derek Alderson
- Professor Michael Escudier
- Mr Martin Bircher
- Mr Ian Eardley
- Mr Tim Terry
- Professor Nigel Standfield
- Miss Helen Fernandes
A special thank you to our current President, Professor Derek Alderson, who will be demitting following a successful 12-year term on Council and to our current Dean of the Faculty of Dental Surgery, Professor Michael Escudier, following a successful six years on Council.