The RCS is committed to supporting the delivery of safe, efficient and cost-effective surgical care. Our National Surgical Commissioning Centre brings together relevant information on surgical services, providing clear, consistent and evidence-based guidelines for a variety of surgical procedures.
Developed with a range of partners, our guidance supports CCGs to commission high-value surgical care for patients, reducing the ‘postcode lottery’ in service provision.
Commissioning Guide Updates
Revised commissioning guides out for consultation
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (to 1 December 2016)
We welcome any feedback on these commissioning guides. Please send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication of revised commissioning guides
- BAUS's Foreskins Conditions Commissioning Guide
- ENT UK's Tonsillectomy Commissioning Guide
- BHS's Groin Hernia Commissioning Guide
Pathfinder for low back and radicular pain
NHS England and The British Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons publish a new Pathfinder for Low Back and Radicular Pain.
Thank you to all those that participated in this event. We plan to collate all the learning and best practice from the day into a report which will be available soon. Presentations from the day will also be available with speakers permission.
Data Tools Updates
- The data tools have been refreshed to include data for FY2015/16
- The data tools also now include financial (spend) indicators
- Data on torsion to accompany the new ‘Management of paediatric torsion’ commissioning guide will be published soon
- The quality dashboards and procedure explorer tools have now been updated and show data from July 2013 - June 2014.
- New, step-by-step how-to guides are now available on accessing local data as a CCG or provider.