This page centralises guidance, resources and messages for members of the Faculty of Dental Surgeons. For information specific to non-dental surgeons along with more general updates and contacts, please see rcseng.ac.uk/covid19
Last updated: 12:44pm, Tuesday 7 April
Tuesday 7 April: Join the Deans of the Dental Faculties for an interactive webinar on COVID-19 followed by a Q&A session at 6pm on Tuesday 7 April.
Thursday 2 April: Public Health England has now published updated COVID-19 infection prevention and control guidance. This includes updated guidance on PPE.
Thursday 2 April: Chief Dental Officer, Sara Hurley and Director of Primary and System Transformation, Matt Neligan invite oral health professionals to their first webinar on COVID-19 which will take place on Friday 3 April, 5-6pm. Please connect shortly before it starts.
Wednesday 1 April: The specialist societies represented on FDS Clinical Standards Committee have provided useful links to their own COVID19 advice.
Thursday 26 March: Updated guidance on adjustments to surgical practice has been published by the joint surgical Royal Colleges alongside ASGBI, ACPGBI and AUGIS. This should be read alongside the summary guidance published on Friday 20 March.
Wednesday 25 March: The FDS and other dental education bodies have released a joint statement following the introduction of control measures to manage the spread of COVID-19. It sets out arrangements for dental and dental care professional students and recent graduates, to address concerns they have about completing their studies and training.
Tuesday 24 March: The Dental Deans of the Surgical Royal Colleges have issued a joint statement on their response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are listing dental resources below.
Friday 20 March: The Royal Surgical Colleges of the UK and Ireland have issued guidance to surgeons on planning for the COVID-19 pandemic.
Monday 16 March: In response to the challenge of COVID-19, conferences, educational and training courses, assessment panels, accreditation visits and examinations that require travel will be postponed. Where possible, activities will continue if these can be delivered by video call or webinar. These arrangements will remain in place until at least the end of the summer in the first instance.
- NHS England's guidance for dental practice
- gov.wales guidance for dental care
- Dental guidance is available through Scottish Dental and HPS Scotland (currently being updated). Guidance from the Chief Dental Officer for Scotland as of 23 March is available here.
- HSC BSO guidance for general dental practitioners in Northern Ireland
- NHS England Dental Workforce Redeployment questionnaire for dental professionals who want to assist with the COVID-19 response
- General Dental Council latest information on COVID-19
- nhs.uk/coronavirus: Health information for the general public
- Sir Simon Stevens' and Amanda Pritchard's letter on next steps in the NHS response
- NHS Wales: COVID-19 advice for the general public
- Resuscitation Council UK resources
If you need to contact us
We are receiving large numbers of enquiries and are responding as quickly as we can. We urge you to read our COVID-19 FAQs on exams and COVID-19 FAQs on courses thoroughly before contacting us directly.