Acland's Video Atlas of Human Anatomy
Fellows, Members and postgraduate Affiliates can access Acland's Video Atlas of Human Anatomy with their College website accounts. FGDP Members and Associates can also access the Atlas website with their OpenAthens accounts.
The popular Video Atlas comprises a series of individual videos demonstrating the structure and linkages of parts of the human anatomy, using real human bodies. Previously available as a series of DVDs, it has now been made available online.
Accessing Acland's Video Atlas of Human Anatomy
To access the Video Atlas:
- Log in to the College website (RCS, FDS, MJSF) or OpenAthens (FGDP)
- Go to the Video Atlas website and click on the 'Open Athens' link under 'Sign In via' (illustrated login help)
Key features of the Video Atlas
This is just a summary: please visit the Video Atlas website for more information (this link will not give you access).
- A truly three-dimensional look at anatomy
- Fresh human specimens in their natural colours
- Real movement
- Exquisite dissections
- Clear narration and labelled structures
- Building complex stuctures step-by-step
- Review sections
Help with using the Video Atlas
The videos in the Video Atlas should work on any modern web browser, including those available on iPads.
If you have any questions or comments about the Video Atlas, please contact us or call our Enquiry desk on +44 (0) 20 7869 6556.