The RCS is committed to supporting the delivery of safe, efficient and cost-effective surgical care. Our National Surgical Commissioning Centre brings together relevant information on surgical services, providing clear, consistent and evidence-based guidelines for a variety of surgical procedures.
Developed with a range of partners, our guidance supports CCGs to commission high-value surgical care for patients, reducing the ‘postcode lottery’ in service provision.
Commissioning Guide Updates
Revised commissioning guides out for consultation
Publication of revised commissioning guides
- BAUS's Foreskins Conditions Commissioning Guide
- ENT UK's Tonsillectomy Commissioning Guide
- BHS's Groin Hernia Commissioning Guide
- BAUS's Asymptomatic Scrotal Swelling Commissioning Guide
- ENT UK's Rhinosinusitis Commissioning Guide
- AUGIS's Gallstone Disease Commissioning Guide
Pathfinder for low back and radicular pain
NHS England and The British Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons publish a new Pathfinder for Low Back and Radicular Pain.
Thank you to all those that participated in this event. We plan to collate all the learning and best practice from the day into a report which will be available soon. Presentations from the day will also be available with speakers permission.