This section comprises guidance on the provision of a range of surgical services, and includes information on training, standards, service configuration, governance and service delivery.
Our resources are aimed at surgeons, commissioners, service planners, providers and others involved in the provision of surgical care.
Our areas of work
- Cosmetic surgery: information on the work of the committee that is taking forward recommendations from the Keogh Review (Regulation of Cosmetic Interventions) relating to cosmetic surgery
- Emergency surgery: standards for unscheduled surgical care and our document on improving care for high risk general surgical patients
- Children’s surgery: standards and guidance relating to the provision of surgery for children, including guidance on developing networks of care for general paediatric surgery
- Major trauma surgery: guidance for commissioners on regional trauma systems; standards for the delivery of trauma care
- Surgical Care Team: guidance and resources to support the development of models of care that utilise the surgical care team in a consistent manner that enhances the quality of patient care. It includes role descriptions of extended roles within the surgical team, competencies and training, as well as templates for clinical governance arrangements including risk assessment, business case and practice plans.
Service standards publications
Service standards publications produced by the College are available for download.