Children's Surgical Forum
The Children’s Surgical Forum was established in 2003. It is a Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS) committee with membership and work involving a wide range of stakeholders including professional associations, patient representatives and the Department of Health.
The principal role of the Children’s Surgical Forum is to enable the College to meet its commitment to improving the quality of surgical care for children.
The main objectives of the forum are to:
- formulate guidance on matters relating to the provision or delivery of children’s surgery.
- collaborate with other Royal colleges, specialty associations and statutory bodies to develop a more integrated approach to healthcare planning and provision for children and young people.
- support the bodies involved in delivery of children’s surgical care by acting as a central resource.
- enable the College to respond promptly and constructively to concerns relating to the provision of surgical care to children, at a national or local level.
- promote involvement in external policy development by fostering communication links with relevant stakeholders (e.g. DH, Trusts, commissioners, etc.)
- promote involvement in external policy development by fostering communication links with relevant stakeholders (eg. DH, Trusts, commissioners, etc)
- provide quality information to professionals, parents and children on issues surrounding surgery.
- Association of Paediatric Anaesthetists
- Association of Surgeons in Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Surgeons in Training
- Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Royal College of Emergency Medicine
- Royal College of Nursing
- Royal College of Pathologists
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Royal College of Radiologists
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Faculty of Dental Surgery
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Society for Children's Orthopaedic Surgery
- British Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- Society of British Neurosurgeons
- Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- British Association of Paediatric Urologists
- British Association of Paediatric Otolaryngologists
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Scottish Colleges Committee on Children's Surgical Services