I Have Completed the MRCS / FRCS
Join us today to develop your knowledge and skills and get the support you need for your career
With regular developments in surgery, staying up to date is key, which is why we’ve developed a whole range of resources to support you, including:
- Access to thousands of e-journals and online resources.
- Access to popular publications The Bulletin and Annals, key sources of surgical and professional information.
- Regular e-newsletters keeping you up to date with news, policy and developments in surgery.
- A programme of regional and national events.
- Free access to The Funky Professor anatomy study videos worth £29.95.
Skills and development
We understand that professional development and learning new skills is a key part of your role as a surgeon. As a RCS member you can:
- Use our library and museum services including literature searches and access to specimens.
- Apply for research fellowships, supporting your innovative surgical developments.
- Access leadership and development opportunities such as our Women in Surgery network.
- Get a 10% discount on a range of courses to help you develop, including specialty training and preparing for the FRCS exam.
- Continually develop through our new and updated standards and guidance.
Our careers advice, support and access to new opportunities will help you drive your career forward, with;
- Financial support via bursaries and awards, helping you get ahead.
- Careers advice, case studies and resources, both online and at events.
- A dedicated regional network, providing you with key contacts in your region or devolved nation.
- Opportunities to take-up national and regional roles, from teaching and volunteering to standing for Council.
- RCS post-nominals, demonstrating your commitment to the profession, and inclusion in our online public register of members.
- Confidential support and advice signposting service, including a telephone helpline to discuss issues of concern with a peer.