I Have Completed the MRCS / FRCS
Join us today to develop your knowledge and skills and get the support you need for your career
First 2 FRCS
We now offer a new package for members transitioning to fellowship, making us the best value fellowship for your first two years. Make sure you're a member before sitting your FRCS exam to save £357 in membership fees and get access to a range of benefits to help you prepare for your exam. Find out more about First 2 FRCS.
With regular developments in surgery, staying up to date is key, which is why we’ve developed a whole range of resources to support you, including:
- Access to thousands of e-journals and online resources.
- Access to popular publications the Bulletin and Annals, key sources of surgical and professional information.
- Regular e-newsletters keeping you up to date with news, policy and developments in surgery.
- A programme of regional and national events.
- Free access to The Funky Professor anatomy study videos worth £29.95.
Skills and development
We understand that professional development and learning new skills is a key part of your role as a surgeon. As an RCS England member you can:
- Use our library services, including literature searches.
- Access to 1,500 specimens and an iPad-based specimen review through the Anatomy and Pathology Museum.
- Apply for research fellowships, supporting your innovative surgical developments.
- Access leadership and development opportunities such as our Women in Surgery network.
- Get a 10% discount on a range of courses to help you develop, including specialty training and preparing for the FRCS exam.
- Continually develop through our new and updated standards and guidance.
Our careers advice, support and access to new opportunities will help you drive your career forward, with;
- Financial support via bursaries and awards, helping you get ahead.
- Careers advice, case studies and resources, both online and at events.
- A dedicated regional network, providing you with key contacts in your region or devolved nation.
- Opportunities to take-up national and regional roles, from teaching and volunteering to standing for Council.
- RCS England post-nominals, demonstrating your commitment to the profession, and inclusion in our online public register of members.
- APCs (article processing charges) for accepted manuscripts for the Annals will be fully waived for RCS England members as of January 2024.
- Confidential support and advice signposting service, including a telephone helpline to discuss issues of concern with a peer.
- Rewards+, RCS England exclusive membership scheme offering a range of discounts and special offers