I'm a Member of the Surgical Team
Surgery and providing high quality patient care is all about effective teamwork. We are pleased to welcome the following roles within the surgical team:
- Surgical Care Practitioners
- Surgical First Assistants
- Physician Associates
- Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- Advanced Clinical Practitioners
Joining as a surgical team member will enable you to join a growing professional community of more than 28,000 surgical professionals and trainees across the UK and internationally. We value your input and opinions and want to work with you to shape our College and ultimately be the home of surgery.
Surgical team membership costs £75 per year. Find out more about what the College can offer you and join today! We also offer a discounted rate for student surgical team members. If you are currently studying you can join the College for £15 per year. Contact email@example.com for more information. Our bespoke offer for surgical team members includes:
Developing your career
- Access to our surgical care team guidance, which sets out distinct extended roles within the surgical team, and provides framework for the clinical governance arrangements that help support a flexible modelling of the surgical care team.
- Access to specimens and an iPad-based specimen review with self-test feature for study and revision through the Anatomy and Pathology Museum.
- Access to online library resources including ClinicalKey, Wiley Nursing and Medical collection, and Visible Body Human Anatomy Atlas providing you with hundreds of full-text e-journals, over 1,000 e-textbooks and reference manuals, medical and surgical videos and over two million images that can be used for teaching and presentations.
- Document delivery and literature searches available with support from our Library services team.
- Online access to popular publications The Bulletin and Annals, key sources of surgical and professional information.
- Regular e-newsletters keeping you up to date with news, policy, and specialty-specific developments in surgery.
- Free access to The Funky Professor anatomy study videos worth £29.95.
- Access to personal, professional, financial, and legal support through our 24/7 Confidential Support and Advice Service
Developing your skills
- Access leadership and development opportunities such as our Women in Surgery network.
- Get a 10% discount on courses offered at RCS England in London, including Surgical Skills for Students and Healthcare Practitioners, Basic Surgical Skills, Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patient, Training the Trainer, and Advanced Trauma Life Support (surgical team members should check their eligibility for specific courses).
- Build up surgical skills and knowledge through our nationally recognised online Postgraduate Certificate in Surgery. Surgical team members can benefit from 15% discount on module prices if you enrol on the full PGCert, or 10% discount on individual modules.
- Continually develop through standards and guidance, including our new surgical care team guidance.
Expanding your network
- A dedicated regional network, providing you with key contacts in your region or devolved nation.
- Access to a programme of events and conferences, webinars and our Podcast.
- Access to a range of discounts and special offers via our RCS England member exclusive scheme, Rewards+