Career Resources and Links
The RCS Careers team helps future surgeons and those supporting them. Anyone may use and download the resources below. Medical students and foundation doctors can become Affiliate Members of the RCS for only £15 per year. We also try to help schools and teachers in supporting their students.
- Women in Surgery - Either visit the WinS pages or download this flyer and application form
- Exercise: The miracle cure and the role of the doctor promoting it, written by the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
- Exams Guidance - Contains candidate guidance in relation to applying for surgical and dental exams administered by the RCS.
Useful careers websites
Aside from the information on getting into medical school on our website you may find these resources useful.
- The British Medical Association: ‘how to become a doctor’ is a useful resource, the medical A-Z is also a good source of information.
- The Bright Journals: A fantastic resource for all areas from application, keeping up to date with latest stories, profiles of medical students etc. Key area is the Library.
- Student BMJ: Useful to keep up to date with ‘Medical’ stories.
- UCAS: for information relating to specific courses, and online application.
- Direct Gov for information on funding, grants/loans etc.
- BBC: For current affairs.
- So you want to be a doctor is a great website giving you more information about everything you need to know before applying to medical school.
Claim a tax rebate using the free step by step guides, find a specialist accountant and more with Medics' Money.