Useful Career Resources
We have compiled a list of useful resources to help you get the most from your surgical career.
RCS careers teamThe RCS careers team can answer your queries regarding all aspects of progressing through surgical training. Contact us by emailing email@example.com or call 020 7869 6212.
Women in SurgeryWomen in Surgery (WinS) is an RCS initiative helping women to fulfil their surgical career goals. For free advice, guidance and pastoral support visit the WinS section.
Useful web links
- Health Education England, Specialty Training section supports doctors in applying for specialty training posts in the NHS. It also provides information on changes to the recruitment and training process.
- Intercollegiate Surgical Curriculum Programme provides surgical specialties curricula, trainees’ portfolios and a range of learning tools which support training.
- NHS Careers provides information on careers in the NHS including a range of options within surgery
- Association of Surgeons in Training(ASiT) represents trainees from all surgical specialties. It offers courses, events and resources for trainees.
- Surgical Specialty Associations provide specialty-specific information.
- British Orthopaedic Trainees’ Association (BOTA) helps orthopaedic trainees attain the best education and opportunities available to them.
- British Medical Association (BMA) Careers offers a range of products and services to help trainees achieve immediate and long-term career goals.
- MDU and MPS provide indemnity cover and support to doctors throughout their careers.
- Doctors.net and Support4Doctors provide a range of information and support including financial advice and clinical concerns.
- Royal Medical Benevolent fund provides financial advice support to doctors and their families.