The Colledge Family Memorial Fellowship Fund
Deadline: 7 March 2024
The Colledge Family Memorial Trust was created by a generous bequest from Cecilia Colledge, daughter of a famous London surgeon, Lionel Colledge. The endowment is approximately £2.5 million, and the interest is used to fund a small number of high value awards for overseas study each year. Applications are reviewed and scored by a small group of senior ENT surgeons, and the Fellowships are usually announced in late June/early July. Recent awards have been for Fellows to study/work in California, Brisbane, Toronto and Germany.
All applications will be considered, but applicants seeking to gain clinical or research experience will be prioritised. The awards are typically in the region of £10-25k per candidate.
The following conditions are laid down by the Trust for all applicants:
- You must be a fellow or member of The Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- You must be a senior trainee, or recently appointed Consultant (or of similar status), of head and neck surgery.
- The fund is restricted to UK medical graduates.
- The clinical study or research must be conducted overseas.
- The clinical study or research will be for otolaryngology/head and neck surgery.
- A report must be submitted within three months of your return
Please send all parts to firstname.lastname@example.org with Colledge Family Memorial Trust as the subject line by the deadline 7 March 2024.
- Application form
- A letter of support from the Head of Department, or Consultant, under whom the applicant is currently working.
- A letter of support from the Head of the Department is to be visited.